‘The Intelligent Investor’ is a widely acclaimed book by Benjamin Graham on value investing. Written by one of the greatest investment advisers of 20th century, the book aims at preventing potential investors from substantial errors and also teaches them strategies to achieve long-term investment goals.
Over the years, investment market has been following teachings and strategies of Graham, for growth and development. In the book, Graham has explained various principles and strategies for investing safely and successfully without taking bigger risks. Modern-day investors still continue to use his proven and well-executed techniques for value investment.
This revised edition includes updated commentary by noted financial journalist Jason Zweig, whose perspective incorporates the realities of today’s market, draws parallels between Graham’s examples and today’s financial headlines. Keeping Graham’s unique text in original form, the book focuses on major principles that can be applied in day-to-day life. All the concepts and principles are explained with the help of examples for better clarity and understanding of the financial world.
Combination of original plan of Graham and the current financial situations are the reason behind this book’s preference today’s investors. It is a detailed version with several wisdom quotes that are likely to change one’s investing career and lead to the path of financial safety and security.
Vital and indispensable, this Harper Business Essentials edition of ‘The Intelligent Investor’ is the most important book you will ever read on how to reach your financial goals.
About the Author:
Benjamin Graham was a British-born American investor, economist, and professor. He was known all over the world as the “father of value investing,”. He was born in London, England on May 8th, 1894 and died in France on September 21st, 1976. His first book, Security Analysis, with David Dodd, was published in 1934.
Benjamin Graham taught at the Columbian Business School and to famous personalities like Warren Buffett. Warren Buffett describes ‘The Intelligent Investor‘ as “the best book about investing ever written.”. His work in managerial economics and investing has led to a modern wave of value investing within mutual funds, hedge funds, diversified holding companies, and other investment vehicles. Graham’s thoughts on investing have influenced and pushed several of his followers in the world of investments, to the top.
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis, promises safety of principal and an adequate return. Operations not meeting these requirements are speculative.
* Every page teaches you something. I would have read this book at least 4 times. Thank you Ben Graham. You were one of a kind. I owe you a lot. Reading Intelligent Investor and Security Analysis (again only 1951 edition please) is the best investment I have made in my life.
* This book is perhaps the most important and insightful book on investing, and an eternal classic. It is not a book that promises ‘How to become rich’ or ‘Mastering Stock market in a week’ or ‘Beating the market made easy’ or any shortcut to a quick buck. The book teaches three powerful lessons of how one can:
– minimize the odds of suffering irreversible losses
– maximize the chance of achieving sustainable gains
– practice emotional control and behavior to help the investor achieve full potential.
* A book with potential power of change ones life.
* The book is very valuable.
* ‘The Intelligent Investor’ is a must read book.
Publisher: Harper Business; Latest edition (2013)
Book Dimensions: 29 x 20 x 3 cm