Exit poll results in five states helped Indian stock markets recover from the loses it made yesterday and closed significantly higher.
Here is how some of the indices closed at end of the day.
- Nifty gained 92.55 points(0.87%) and closed 10,693.70
- Bank Nifty outperformed NIFTY as it closed by up 396.00 points(1.51%) at 26,594.30
- Sensex closed at 35,673.25 up by 361.12 (1.02%)
Top Gainers in Nifty
Top Losers in Nifty
– SBI gets shareholders approval to raise up to Rs. 20,000 crore through sale of shares
– Crude prices gained by 5% as OPEC agreed to cut oil output by 1.2 million barrels per day
– Bank of Baroda has raised Rs. 972 crore by issuing Basel III bonds.
– Rupee gained against USD
– Federal Bank is not keen on buying loans from NBCCs
– HCL Tech acquired selected IBM software businesses for $1.8 billion
– Conduent moved New York BPO work from Cognizant to Infosys
– Central government to mediate between NMDC and govt of Karnataka over the Donimalai iron-ore mine conflict
– Government sold over 3% stake in NBCC to CPSE ETF
– ICRA downgraded long term rating of Jet Airways
– Dilip Buildcon wins order worth Rs. 1000 crore
– L&T Construction bags order worth Rs. 2,547 crore